Vital Proteins, Matcha, and Collagen.
I’m sure heard of these three things individually, but have you heard them all together? Yes it’s possible! It’s Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen Powder. I’ve seen influencers and everyday people alike sharing this green collagen powder on Instagram and I was intrigued, so I decided to try it myself. Now I’m not much of a cook, baker, or any sort of food/drink expert so when I tried getting creative with this powder, it was a bunch of trial and error. xD But I found this one that stuck with me and I wanted to share it with you because I think you’ll like it too. It’s a blueberry pomegranate matcha collagen drink, and I am drinking it right now as I sit here writing this post. 😛 (gotta get in the daily dose of collagen right?)
I started with the Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen Powder and added Trader Joe’s Unsweetened Blueberry Pomegranate Green Tea at first but it was too overwhelmingly matcha flavored. Matcha is definitely an acquired taste – it has a sort of earthy taste to it and by itself can be overwhelming. So next time I added some Mio Berry Pomegranate drops to add sweetness and a bit more flavor to offset the matcha’s earthy taste. Voila! A perfect blend.
The recipe is super simple with only three ingredients.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen Powder – 1 scoop. A measurement scoop is included in the canister. Click for a $10 off coupon on $25 or more!
- Trader Joe’s Blueberry Pomegranate Green Tea Unsweetend – Appx. 6-8oz. Add amount of green tea to your desired fill level. The more you add the easier the powder can mix and the more you will have to drink.
- Mio Berry Pomegranate Drink Enhancer – Appx. 3 squeezes. Add Mio flavor to your liking. The more you add the more fruity flavor the drink will have.
And a glass and a spoon, or a shaker bottle (read below).
If you’re using a glass:
- Start by pouring a scoop of the collagen powder into the bottom of the glass
- Next add 6-8oz of the green tea to the glass
- Lastly squeeze a little Mio flavor into the glass
- Then use a spoon to stir the ingredients together
You may have to stir for a longer period of time to get the powder to mix in. It tends to want to create small clumps. If this happens you can use the back of the spoon to press the clumps against the side of the glass and then stir again. And if the clumps will still not mix in properly, feel free to use a shaker/blender bottles to mix the ingredients.
If you’re using a shaker or blender bottle:
- Start by pouring a scoop of the collagen powder into the shaker bottle
- Next add 6-8oz of the green tea to the bottle
- Lastly squeeze a little Mio flavor into the bottle
- Then use the metal blender ball to shake all the ingredients together
If you use a shaker or blender bottle your drink will likely become foamy. It mixes the ingredients very well but has a different consistency.
And a bit more about the matcha collagen drink…
I usually make this matcha collagen drink in the morning after my breakfast as a nutritional supplement. The Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen powder alone has 10g of collagen and 9g of protein with only 50 calories and 2g of sugar! The drink is a dark green color and looks funky, but it tastes good. I always feel a little healthier every time I have this drink. And who doesn’t want to feel healthy, right?
If you don’t want to make a drink, you can also add this collagen powder into baked goods. My other favorite thing to make is a matcha pancake with blueberry syrup. Mix one scoop of powder with pancake mix and cook as usual. Top with butter and blueberry syrup. Yum!
Get creative with your drinks too. You can always mix with fruit punch or a juice of choice. Have fun with it and enjoy!
Don’t forget to use this coupon for $10 off a $25 purchase!
Use one of these images to share this post on Pinterest: