It’s the most wonderful time of the year 🎄⛄🎁
It’s Christmas season 2019 baby! Whether you’re ready or not, the Christmas spirit is already in full effect with blogger after blogger sharing holiday themed photos, decorated Christmas trees and homes, and their version of a holiday gift guide (um.. hi 👋). Here I’m sharing what’s on my Christmas list this year – items I have been needing, and items I already love. There’s typical gift ideas, and not-so-typical ideas. Gifts you wouldn’t really think of that could end up being just what you’re looking for. Use this guide for your bestie, your sisters, your gal pals, or heck… YOURSELF! Because we deserve to reat ourselved at Christmas too right?
All images below are clickable and linked to the item shown.
1. Versace Eros Pour Femme Perfume/Rollerball – Every year it seems I find a new perfume that I love. My first was Chanel Chance Eau Tendre, then Dior J’Adore, and lately Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh Twinkle. This year it’s Versace Eros Pour Femme with notes of lemon, raspberry, jasmine, magnolia, and musk. I’m a big fan of fruity and floral scents, and this one is a perfect match. Next time you’re in a department store, make sure to stop by the perfume counter and give this one a try – you’ll smell so good!
2. Buzzed Drinking Game – Do I even need an explanation?! This is a fun, quick, and easy way to get the party started and get you and your friends buzzed (as the title says). Grab a card, read the prompt, and if you fit the description, you take a drink. For example: “If you studied abroad in Europe and it totally changed your life, take a drink.” Or “If you’re waiting on a package from Amazon, stop looking out the window and take a drink.”
3. Air Fryer – Nothing’s worse than having to put french fries in the microwave and eating them soggy and squishy. Amiright? Fried foods are some of the most delcious, but also least healthy foods for you. Why? Because of the oil and grease. But what if you fried with AIR instead of grease?! You’ll get healthier foods with a similar effect. It’s a win-win obviously!
4. Tarte Maneater Mascara and Self-Sharpening Liner – I’ve never really understood paying $23 for a mascara when you can get the L’Oreal Lash Paradise for $10 that looks just as good —- UNTIL I got a mini Tarte Maneater mascara in a kit. I think this is the first and only mascara that has convinced me to spend more than $12 on a mascara. The Maneater mascara makes your lashes look so full (lots of lashes) and long, like you have lash extensions. It has a fine-bristled rubber applicator. And the Maneater Self-Sharpening Liner is one of the best liner’s I’ve used. When you twist the cap on, it shapens the tip to give you the sharp shape every time. It goes on so smooth and dark and lasts all day. My fav!!
5. Tarte Shape Tape Concealer – A classic staple in any makeup bag. Needs no explanation other than it’s amazing and you’ll/they’ll love it!
6. 1.25″-1.5″ Curling Wand – I have a 1″ tapered wand, but of course my hair goes to the skinny bottom and gives me tight curls. By the second or third day I actually end up liking my curls because they’ve fallen. The solution? A thicker, non-tapered wand to create larger, looser curls!
7. Scrunchies – If you’re like me, you’re lucky to get your hair done two or three times a year, so you want to protect it as much as possible in between salon visits. My stylist told me that the fragile hairs that frame my face had some breakage likely from hair ties, and that scrunchies are healthier and more gentle on your hair. So scrunchies are on my list to protect my pretty hair.
8. Pajama Shorts/Set – If you live in the south, it’s hot and humid about 75% of the year. Sweatpants and fleece PJ pants are ah-mazing for the cold holiday season, but shortly after the season ends you’ll be wanting to wear shorts again. So I’m asking for new pajama shorts or a PJ shorts set!
9. Umbrella – “Ugh, such a simple and boring item to ask for.” Actually, no! Have you ever had an umbrella that randomly decides to break, leaving you with a sad, flimsy rain shield? Yeah… we all have! And there’s nothing more unsatisfying than a broken umbrella with only half coverage from the rain. Surprisingly cute umbrellas are either hard to find or cost more than expected, so I’ve procrastinated buying a new one. But Target has a bunch of fun designs to choose from online at Christmas-list-affordable prices.
10. Nature’s Bounty Lutein Blue Supplement – You’ve heard of blue-light filtering glasses right? But what if you don’t wear glasses, or you already have prescription glasses that you can’t modify (that’s me!). You still want to filter out the blue light and keep your eyes and brain healthy. So Nature’s Bounty vitamin and supplement company has created a small coated pill to take that will help filter out blue light from digital devices to protect your eye health. In today’s technological, social-media world, these are a definite must have!
11. Papermate Flair Pens – Are they pens or are they markers? Um… they’re pens that look like markers? Haha. Regardless of what you want to call them, they’re a fun way to liven up you notes or planner. Use different colors for different categories, or use them to organize notes. I use these all the time to organize and categorize, and occasionally to color (yep, I still do that).
And of course, Target or TJMaxx giftcards are always welcomed. Trying to save up to furniture in May when Andrew and I get a place together. And anything with toffee like the Hershey’s Nuggets, or Heath bars would be great too. So good.
Thank you for taking the time to peek at my first holiday gify guide. I hope this guide has been helpful and given you a few good ideas. And if thing’s new to you, I hope you at least enjoyed this guide! If you have any suggestions, I am always open to hearing them. I want to make everything as great as possible for all of you. You guys are the reason us bloggers do what we do, and we want to help you! So any feedback you have is super helpful and much appreciated. Have a merry merry Christmas! 🎄